Back to Scrappin'!



Yes!! I have been busy scrappin' away this weekend, and it feels GREAT!  

The lovely Anam had posted a challenge of sorts over on The Paper Passion blog, and I promised myself I would take the time to play along this month.  Here is what I came up with up.

Sketch #1:
PaperPassion_sketch07_anam

My Layout: SPORTIN' 'STASHES

I kept the circles, but opted for two pictures instead of one.  These pictures make me laugh every time I see them... such characters.




Sketch #2:
PaperPassion_sketch03_anam

My Layout: DANCING QUEEN

I made just a few slight changes here, (swapped out the title placement for some bullet style journaling, and used a flower cluster), but kept pretty true to the sketch.  I almost used a different set of pictures for this sketch, and was going to swap out the pattern paper rectangle for a second picture, but in the end I felt this photo of my god-daughter worked best with this MME paper line.




Sketch #3:
PaperPassion_sketch06_anam

My Layout: THIS MOMENT IS PERFECT

For this layout I chose to flip the sketch as it worked out better with my photograph.  You'll notice I used the same MME paper line as in my Sportin' 'Staches layout above.




Sketch #4:
PaperPassion_sketch05_anam

My Layout: A LITTLE TUNE

And last but not least...  I was inspired by Anam's original layout and her use of the flower sprig.  I had had this particular sprig for years now, so once I decided to go with it, this layout came together very quickly. Only a few minor changes to this sketch too with the addition of the borders on the top and bottom of the page, and I also used a second smaller photo instead of the tags shown in the sketch.
 The same paper line is used here as was used in my Dancing Queen layout.


Although my layouts turned out very differently from Anam's inspiration layouts, it's sometimes a great thing to have these jumping off pcs. to get you going, especially if you haven't been scrapbooking in a while!

I loved that I not only got some old pictures finally scrapbooked, having the added element of using MME product as part of the challenge really got me focused and using up some older items from my stash too!

1 comment:

  1. Shannon, your blog is so cute. Love the soft feel and design. Thank you for playing along with me and sharing your faves on the Scraptastic post. I really love This Moment Is Perfect layout, it's just gorgeous. Thank you also, for your encouraging comments on my blog post xx

    ReplyDelete